I said this yesterday on Twitter…
Today. Today has been amazing. Days like this I can’t help but wonder what I’ve done to deserve this life. The answer is nothing. #Grace
Why such a good day?
- I spent time with my wife and daughter. Including some much needed time pushing my daughter on a swing at the park.
- I got to do some location scouting for a video shoot next week (for CedarCreek) at Mansfield Reformatory, the 122 year old now-abandoned prison where Shawshank Redemption was filmed. This was a part of my job.
- I booked another wedding for LGP.
- I received a glowing email from a guy I do real estate photography for.
- Made some movement on a couple projects for 5th Corner Media (the media production company I am involved with).
- Had a tremendous workout.
- Spent some time and had dinner (sushi) with friends and fellow photographers who are way better at this than I ever will be, but they still let me hang out.
I’m currently living a ridiculous life. I never dreamed of any of this, but yet here I am getting to enjoy something so far beyond what I could have imagined. I did absolutely NOTHING to deserve it. Matter of fact, I’ve done everything to deserve nothing. By my actions alone, I deserve absolutely nothing. I am so incredibly grateful and humbled by the life in which God is entrusting me. That… that is why you see me talking so much about commitment, hard work, hustle, etc… because I’m at the point where I don’t want to waste what I’ve been given. This life, it’s the ultimate gift, and I don’t want to get in front of God one day and say “sorry, I really really wanted to sleep in,” or “but that cake looked so good!” Don’t misunderstand, I don’t want to bring anyone down for the life they choose to live, this is just how I feel, personally, about my own life.
I see clearly now that every breath is a gift. I am a blessed man. The absolute least I can do is make the most of these gifts.